Thursday 5 February 2015

Thirsty Thursday

Where is your favourite watering hole? 

My vote is Clancy's at City Beach in Perth, Western Australia

The sun is a bit lower in the sky now that it is late afternoon, and as we trudge down the sand towards the water’s edge, the light shimmers off the water, forcing me to don my sunglasses. I bravely pop my bare foot out, waiting to experience the chill of the water, like you would in the UK. But instead of bone-numbingly freezing, the water is cool and pleasant and I almost wish that I hadn’t left my costume in the car. I don’t know how long we stand there, both staring out into the ocean, but eventually Alex starts to fidget and suggests we head up to the fish place, Clancy’s.
Extract from Tied to You by Bibi Paterson

No comments:

Post a Comment