Sunday 1 May 2016

Day 1

Author Life Month: My Books















All my life I've been creating stories in my head. I always thought I was a little strange as I couldn't fall asleep without some story playing out in my head like a movie. It was only through a series of (un)fortunate events that I suddenly ended up with a lot of free time on my hands and a need to do something to stop myself going crazy. So I started writing down a story that had been stuck in my head for months.

This was the start of my Thirty Days series. Two years later, not only had I written all four books of that series, I had also written a standalone novel and a couple of short stories. If you had asked me when I started writing that first chapter whether I could write an entire book, I would have laughed at you. You see, and here's the thing, the characters were driving me crazy. I started writing them down to get them out of my head. And you know what? It worked. So I wrote and wrote, and wrote some more and all of a sudden I had a book. But the story wouldn't leave me alone and four books later I finally had a complete series.

What started as a way of getting some peace and quiet in my life has turned into a passion. I'd always toyed with sitting down and writing a book but first my career and then a baby became my sole focus. Now, I'm somehow managing to balance all three. And when the voices start becoming too loud in my head, I know it's time to turn my laptop on and get writing.

Find out more about my books HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment