Monday 2 May 2016

Day 2

Author Life Month: My Author Photo

Here's a secret (well, it's not one any more obviously!)... 
I hate having my photo taken. 

I'm 35 so that makes me part of Gen Y... pre-social media and the dawn of the 'selfie', I grew up with rolls of film that you would take to the chemist to get developed and would then marvel at the fact most of them had my finger across the edge. I wish I could say I have perfected the pout, or the way I should tilt my head, or even that amazing cat-eye liner that celebs are sporting these days but I'm still as clueless as I was in my teens.

I do like this picture though. 

I wish I could say it was a quick snap but in fact it took my sister half an hour to do my make-up and then an hour of being shot from every angle with a professional digital SLR camera to get one shot I was happy with. I guess that's why I keep it even though I no longer wear the glasses (thanks to laser surgery). I know I'll have to update it at some point but for now I'm content for this to be the image people associate with me as an author... the saucy book lady with the bright pink hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment