Wednesday 26 November 2014

Book boyfriends…what happens when too many men live in your head

As a writer I sometimes feel a little schizophrenic. I generally have three or four storyline ideas going through my head at any one time so tend to find myself flipping through dialogue and character reactions, even if the stories are completely separate… crazy right?

Well I thought I was doing quite well keeping my lines of separation until I received an email from one of the readers who had kindly agreed to review an early ARC of my new novel, Tied to You. ‘Who is Taylor?’ she asked and, for a moment, I didn't understand what she meant. There is no Taylor in Tied to You, only Alex, and then it clicked… Taylor is the main character in my Thirty Days series and somehow he had crossed over. Cue some furious searching through the novel to find any other instances I may have mentioned him. Thank heavens it was an isolated incident but it did serve a purpose to remind me to be extra vigilant with characters when committing them to paper.

This post was originally published on http://alliwantandmorebooks.wordpress.com on 20 November 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment