Wednesday 26 November 2014

Finding inspiration

Alex and Liv from Tied to You popped into my head one night I was falling asleep. I didn’t really have a story in mind but I had been re-watching my Twilight boxset (yeah, I am a sucker for Stephanie Meyer) and that bit where Jacob talks about imprinting (“It's like gravity. Your whole centre shifts. Suddenly, it's not the Earth holding you here. You would do anything, be anything she needs. A friend, a brother, a protector.”) kept going around my head and suddenly I was like ‘I want to explore that’.

At the same time I also had a couple of friends who had become part of the BDSM scene. Complete over-sharers who didn't seem to understand the concept of too much information. So with all this information swirling around my head and this idea of someone being prepared to be whoever the other person needed them to be, Alex slowly started to form in my head. But he needed someone to balance him out; I found myself listening to John Legends’ All of me and suddenly Olivia was there in my head.

Cause all of me
Loves all of you
Love your curves and all your edges
All your perfect imperfections
Give your all to me
I'll give my all to you
You're my end and my beginning
Even when I lose I'm winning
'Cause I give you all of me
And you give me all of you, ohoh

As I ran over the chorus again and again (until I am sure my hubby was ready to scream) I realised that I had found the complete premise to build Alex and Olivia’s relationship.

This post was originally published on http://galestanley.blogspot.com on 18 November 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment